[tlug] Hello

Hi,

I have been lurking for a month or so.  My name is Andrew and I have just
moved to Japan from New Zealand to teach English.  I have been using Linux
for a while, and I was signed up to CLUG (Canterbury Linux Users Group).
Jim Tittsler, who is from NZ, recommended that I sign up here.  I am
living in Saitama prefecture, near the edge that borders Tokyo.  In fact I
suppose we're almost part of Tokyo, being only about 20 minutes from
Ikebukuro.

Part of the reason for lurking is that I don't yet have regular internet
access.  I arrived two weeks ago, and I now have a keitai (Softbank
707SCII, the free one) and I have just applied for Yahoo!BB at my
apartment.  It might take 3 weeks to deliver, but will blaze along at (up
to ^_^ ) 50Mbps.

At school we have to use XP of course.  And it's in Japanese.  I have my
Linux laptop set up with an English environment and Japanese input method,
but I haven't asked to connect it in the staffroom yet.

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself, and I will start joining in with
some of the discussions when the opportunities arise.

Best wishes,

Andrew Errington