Re: [tlug] edubuntu - no /bin/sh /bin/bash rpm install

On 8/21/07, Shawn <javajunkie@example.com> wrote:
> For some reason the rpm database thinks it is not.  I googled and found
> recommendations for reinstalling bash but that of course gets into
> dependency issues.

Now I am confused. You opened this thread with: "Ok tried out edubuntu
7.04 under vmware." Now you are talking about the "rpm database",
AFAIK edubuntu uses deb packages not rpms.

If you are talking about installing the VMware tools on the host
operating system then you are going about it the wrong way. The VMware
tools get installed on the guest system. That is if you are running
something like this:

CentOS with VMware player/workstation/whatever
Edubuntu running within the above mentioned VMware XXX.

Then the VMware Tools should be installed on the Edubuntu guest system.

Regards, Keith