Re: [tlug] edubuntu - no /bin/sh /bin/bash rpm install

> > > Found I needed to use --nodeps in order to get around it
> > > thinking /bin/sh /bin/bash wasn't installed.
> >

> I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that Ubuntu does not install bash
> by default. Instead dash is. I may be misremembering.

I just think the rpm database doesn't work right.

rpm -qa

only lists the two packages I installed.

Hmmn, wow edubuntu runs on vwmare tools and a flash plugin.  Wow, no
more bloatware.  Fantastic!  Can't believe my eyes.

Anyway, there is probably a way to install a local file using apt-get
which I'd need to do as the vmware tools don't seem to be in a
repository someplace.  I know I've done that with yum (installed locally
build rpms).

Shawn