Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

IIrc there was once one packed with TurboLinux or so.
Everything else either can't play back encrypted DVDs or uses DeCSS which is illegal in a lot of industrialized countries.
How many MP3-players are out there for Linux where you can say that they are legally using the codec (which means have licensed it)?

Niels
I actually bought that distribution just for the DVD player. It was a cyberlink powerdvd player and looked very much like the one cyberlink markets for windows. I tried contacting them via their web site for info on it. It was never mentioned on their site and I never received a reply.

I wasn't happy with the turbo distro and later just bought a region-free dvd player.

Lindows/Linspire also marketed a DVD player for their distro.
http://www.linspire.com/lindows_news_pressreleases_archives.php?id=59

I don't know the status now of either player.

Steve S.