Re: [tlug] Skype Withdrawal

Karen Pauley wrote:
On Fri Aug 17 07:17:47 2007, CL wrote:
Am I the only one going through Skype Withdrawal.

Nope - it drove me mad yesterday. Not only could I not finish any of my work meetings but I also thought that there was something wrong with my machine or network and it took me a while to realise the problem was with Skype.

The strange thing is that Skype had informed me that a newer version was available on Wednesday and, for some reason, it installed itself on my C:\ partition (in WIN) when everything that has a hardware driver is installed on G:\.

I automatically *assumed* that the double incidence of *.exe files was the culprit and ended up removing both instances, cleaning the registry (Skype leaves a ton of junk behind), and reinstalling. There was nothing in my call or chat history that I would feel particularly bad about erasing so I just did a total removal and start from scratch.

Since Wednesday was the Assumption and anyone deciding to work Thursday and Friday was in no hurry, I had WIN properly configured again only to receive an e-mail from Skype saying it was their network and not mine.

I hadn't realised how dependent I had become on it.

Yeah, the shortness of breath was unexpected, now that you mention it.

I haven't tried to use it yet today - but then everyone I work with is
still sleeping.

Skype-to-Skype to a user in Annapolis worked for me about an hour ago. I'm hoping that's the end of the problem.

--
CL