Re: [tlug] Installing Gentoo - blocked packages

On 8/16/07, Stuart Bouyer <stubouyer@example.com> wrote:

> Do by chance have ~x86 (or whatever CPU) set?

Indeed I do.  I'm using an IBM Thinkpad (yes, pre-Lenovo days) T30
with a P3.  It's a little lacking in the RAM area, but I've committed
myself to running this machine until it dies.

> Usually backing one of the versions back to a early version will allow
> you to over come the block, or if that doesn't work wait 12-24 hours
> and resync. It will usually be fixed by then.

Since I am using the GUI installer from the LiveCD, I don't seem to
have any control over versions, or at least, I'm not sure how to
rollback.  Possibly if I just wait 12-24 hours nonetheless this will
be resolved naturally?

Maybe I'll stop at the nomikai to pick up advice as well.

Cheers,

Mark