Re: [tlug] Re: [WAY-OT][CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 15/08/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> The big problem is that measuring these "adjustments" is very hard,
> precisely because they're off the books.

Yeah, I know. :(

> One of the reasons I quit reading Mother Jones a couple decades ago was
> precisely that they let politics drive their numbers instead of the other way
> around. :-(

There is no arguing the fact that this happens sometimes in leftist
circles. Which is why I like the Economist for a counterbalance.

> That said, I have no reason to believe it's true any more.

I dunno, since I am not really qualified to judge when economics
become "voodoo". :)

> Maybe I'll take a look when I have privileges at a library that stocks such
> journals again.

Yeah, you should do. I for one would be interested to hear your perspective.

> Do you have a citation for those numbers/formulae?

Not more specific than http://motherjones.org/

I will keep my eyes peeled, though, and next time I see a specific
mention of this, I'll shoot it your way.

--
Cheers,
Josh