Re: [tlug] Re: [WAY-OT]US politics

On Aug 15, 2007, at 7:21 PM, steven smith wrote:

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
A surprising (to me, anyway) number of posts on this group seem to center around US politics rather than Linux, Japanese computing, or open source / free software. A quick question to those who have been here longer than i: roughly what proportion of the list membership are now or have ever been US citizens?
This is a rather diverse group. Like you -- many of us reside in Tokyo only via the TLUG, but obviously have an interest in Japan. I expect that most -- maybe not all -- replying on subjects regarding US politics are US citizens. And the rest -- this is obviously an informed group, and all the world for better or worse is affected by US politics.

Personally I enjoy the political chatter.

I have to copy that. Even though I'm not a US citizen the political chatter is quite interesting.
But I have to say that I would be interested as well if it would be about some unimportant country in nowhere (if such a country exists… maybe Monaco or the Principality of Liechtenstein… ;) )

Niels