Re: [tlug] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 8/12/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> On 12/08/07, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
>
> > My point is simply that the choice isn't binary, either to value Linux,
> > or devalue Microsoft.

But there is also no need to promote Microsoft - God knows there's
enough of that on the wires already!  I don't like the way PR and
advertising works, but like many in politics and PR say "perception is
reality".  Naturally this is not true (reality is in fact reality),
but from a marketing-to-sheep standpoint, it very nearly is true.  If
you have any interest is seeing Linux be taken up by more corporations
and individuals, then it pays to think of the images you're painting
on the wires.  Be honest of course, but also be focused.

Lyle