Re: [tlug] unicode font with czech and japanese characters

On 14/08/07, Michal Hajek <hajek1@example.com> wrote:

> But to be honest, I adopt this policy:
> "if xterm (icluding uxterm) can do it, I do not want another terminal"
> even if not switching means some (hard) extra work to be done.

I used to be like you, until I started needing i18n in the terminal in
a big way. I switched to gnome-terminal and have not looked back.

> Beside this, I do not use either gnome nor xfce.

gnome-terminal does not actually require all of GNOME, just GTK+ and
Pango and maybe the damned registry thing (whatever it is called).

And as Marty mentioned a few weeks back, you can use Sakura, which has
all the same i18n goodness as does gnome-terminal, just without any
GNOMEish cruft.

--
Cheers,
Josh