Re: [tlug] Re: [WAY-OT][CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 14/08/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> Reports from the front, emails from friends at the comm stations, and
> information from guys transferring in from line units...  Those mean
> a hell of a lot more to us than anything we see on AFN or CNN.  It is
> easy to talk about the network stations and call them propaganda networks,
> but it just doesn't mean the same until you have an actual picture to set
> beside the one they are painting.

Yeah, but reports from the military are from a different perspective.
Now if CNN was doing their damned job instead of giving us
newstainment (internewsment?), they'd be reporting a lot of different
perspectives.

All the US news networks suck. Fox probably sucks the most, but I've
never trusted them, giving their right-wing Aussie overlord. CNN
actually used to be reputable, so their fall into tabloid journalism
has really disappointed me. For international news, it seems that only
the Beeb is a decent source. Well, and NPR, but that is radio.

To bring this a little back on topic, where do TLUGgers get their world news?

--
Cheers,
Josh