[tlug] Testing vs. Unstable [was: UIM and KDE]

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

From what I understand, running 'testing' is not really preferable to
running 'unstable': 1) security updates are far slower, 2) updates are
slower because it is the next 'stable' release being prepared and
there is thus a longer review of any changes. I would recommend
'unstable' over 'testing' if you need functionality, provided you take
due care to not upgrade unless you know what you are going to get.

Interesting. I've never heard this opinion expressed before. My past experiences with running unstable have seemed to result in a lot more broken packages than with testing. Are there any other Debian users on TLUG who are of the same opinion as Gernot?

Regards,

Chuck

-------------------

Charles Muller