Re: [tlug] Jisho.org for keitai

On 13/08/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Josh Glover wrote:
>
> > Take the useful stuff from there and try injecting those headers into
> > your request from your PC browser. Seems that Firefox has an extension
> > to allow this.
>
>      http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/

UA Switcher lets you set custom HTTP headers beyond UserAgent?

> > Your web browser must send a unique ID in the HTTP headers (every
> > Japanese keitai does this, since DoCoMo does not support cookies).
>
> No, Docomo does not do this. If you are an official site, you can put
> "NULLGWDOCOMO" into URIs and forms, and Docomo will replace it with the
> user's account ID, but if not, you won't automatically get any sort of
> identifying information beyond the phone model.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. Due to this, we had to register
even our internal testing site with DoCoMo. :(

> For non-official Docomo sites, you have to do any session management via
> URL-rewriting.

This will not help Kim trick mobile sites into serving up content to
his PC browser. Since that is all he wants to do, masquerading as an
AU phone is optimal, since a) AU sends the UID in HTTP headers by
default, and b) Kim has an AU phone that he can use to sniff requests.
:)

--
Cheers,
Josh