Re: [tlug] Jisho.org for keitai

On 13/08/07, Kim Ahlström <kim.ahlstrom@example.com> wrote:

> 2007/8/13, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>:
>
> > There are little tricks like
> > de-XHTMLing tags, e.g. <br /> => <br>, etc.; but by and large, if you
> > use simple HTML, you will be fine.
>
> Yes, the HTML auto-indenting in TextMate[1] was not pleased :)

Consider using some automatic down-sampling. All the HTML we write for
the mobile sites is XHTML, we just have an auto-handler that
de-XHTMLises certain tags, strips whitespace with a vengeance
(optimisation for size), and even converts full-width characters into
half-width ones (also a page size optimisation).

--
Cheers,
Josh