Re: [tlug] CD & FLAC Players: M-Audio/Midiman

On 8/12/07, jep200404 <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> Hardware is another matter. The audio board _is_ quite significant.
> The M-Audio/Midiman boards are good, and well supported by Alsa.
> Don't cheap out.
>
>    http://www.zzounds.com/cat--M-Audio-Audio-Interfaces--3217

This could be the way to go.  To just use a box for audio, it doesn't
need too much in the way of CPU power does it?  I'm hoping to use an
old Hitachi box I have with a 300MHz CPU and 256MB of RAM.  Also, I'd
prefer to buy this sort of thing locally than to get it though the
mail.  Does anyone know of a shop in Akihabara (aka Akiba) that
handles this sort of thing?  I've definitely seen audio shops here and
there, but never bought anything at them... yet.

Lyle