[tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

I'm not sure "crushing Microsoft" is an immediate option yet, Phillip.
When it is, I'll give it a good think.  For now, though, we have a lot
of work to do.  We need to show people that our operating system is
easier to use AND it does everything theirs does.  We're not there yet.
VNC and X-over-SSH are awfully slow, compared to RDP.  In other words,
we need a better terminal server / remote desktop solution.  We can't
get a good build 10% of the time, and we don't have ease of use or
configuration tools that are up to par with theirs.  We need to ~work~.
We need to be smarter, and work harder.  We've bypassed every UNIX in
existence, and now we need to bypass Windows, but that's a whole
different level of polish, hundreds of millions of users worth of
debugging.  And hundreds of millions of users worth of mind-share.  We
have a ~long~ row to hoe.

Work.  Crush Microsoft later.  Inter-operate with them now.  Provide
migration paths.  Know enough about their OS, and everything about your
own.  Teach your friends.  Pimp your OS.  Learn how to do everything
everyone asks about, so you can help them deploy.  Find things Windows
doesn't do, there are plenty, and build beautiful systems using those
functions everywhere you go.  Build the love.

Let Microsoft crush Microsoft.  Look at the steaming pile of fertilizer
that is Vista, and ask yourself if they need any help.  Let's do our
work, and not worry about Microsoft, except to the extent that we need
to, to keep them from cheating.  (Thank you, FSF, for the GPLv3).