Re: [tlug] Positive Promotion of Linux

On 8/12/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> I agree. I do think that Microsoft's monopoly or perceived monopoly
> will go the way of other famous monopolies. Just as a railroad
> monopoly becomes irrelevant in the face of interstate highways, so
> does an OS monopoly in the face of Web 2.0 (and 3.0 and so on).

But be prepared to get into the rigging to set the sails against gales
that would blow the ship onto reefs and rocks.  You can't sail
directly into a gale, but you don't have to just let it blow you
directly in its path either, unless that path is where you actually
want to go, which is usually not the case.  Man the ruder mate, and
hang on!  For the gale will soon be upon us in all its fury!

Lyle