Re: [tlug] Apache is eating my CPU usage

> Apache2 is showing 98.9% usage of my CPU.

I *think* any apache module (such as php) that enters an infinite loop
will show this way. So the problem may not be with apache itself.

> And the result surprised me, because Apache stopped, the CPU usage
> dropped to almost nothing, and then the CPU usage went right back up
> when Apache restarted.
>
> However, if I reboot the machine, Apache automatically starts, and does
> not start eating up CPU usage.

That is interesting. Have you scanned the access and error logs for the
period just after the apache restart? Is there a php (or something) page
being called that could narrow down the problem?

Darren

--
Darren Cook
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (English-Japanese-German-Chinese free dictionary)