Re: [tlug] Positive Promotion of Linux

On 8/12/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> > I think it is time for Linux crush micsrosoft! Any takers?
>
> Why bother? Google and Co. have already crushed Microsoft; it will
> just take 10 years for that to become evident.

I hope so, but there are likely many battles ahead.

> Phillip, I really think that posts like this hurt the Linux cause. I
> guess you disagree, but at least think about it. The business world
> takes thoughtful commentary like Zemlin's much more seriously than it
> does Slashdaughter ravings.

Yes, this I agree with.  I have come around to this line of thinking -
that positive promotion is better than negative statements (even when
they're true).  In private I think I'll probably still rant a bit
about brand-W, but in a public forum like this, it's better to remain
positive and focused on a positive outcome ("on-message" as is
sometimes said).  Remember - the best defense is offense!

Lyle