Re: [tlug] No more Gentoo

burlingk@example.com wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Glover
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:24 PM

Yes, but his blog does make it quite clear that Gentoo ain't goin' nowhere.

And that is Daniel Robbins in a nutshell. :(

Looks to me like he is kicking himself in the rear for not having done more. He wishes the organization could keep going on their own, but feels that things are on a downward spiral, and this is a way out of the spin without letting the
organization fall apart all together.

I am a fairly longtime Gentoo user and from what I have followed of the issue, it basically seemed to boil down to teething problems moving from a personality cult that was Gentoo with Daniel Robbins as the lead to an organization. Looking at how things have gone Gentoo has fared pretty well.

Edward