Re: [tlug] No more Gentoo

tlug@example.com wrote:
On Saturday 11 August 2007 15:29:51 Phillip Tribble wrote:
I herd a rumor that the Gentoo project might be ending due to the
founder moving elsewhere. Is this true?

The Gentoo Foundation, the group created to run the Gentoo project, is going to be dissolved, and they are going to use the Software Freedom Conservancy ("SFC") to manage financial, legal and administrative tasks for the Gentoo project instead.
http://conservancy.softwarefreedom.org/

So, the Gentoo project is not going anywhere; they are just changing how it is managed. If you want, you can read about the politics on Daniel Robbins's blog:
http://blog.funtoo.org/

Long live Gentoo!!! ;)

Cheers,

Travis

I am glad to hear that. Gentoo was going to be my next distro if Arch Linux ever went down.

--

Phillip Tribble That Guy INC. http://phillip.tribble.googlepages.com/index.html