Re: [tlug] [IME] :P Which IME does everyone use?

burlingk@example.com wrote:
Them main places that concern me are Open Office, FireFox,
and gjiten (A dictionary program).  :P  Those are the only
places I am generally going to use Japanese.  gjiten has a
menu item to select the IME, but the others are a pain.

All of those work just fine.  I can't even find the selection of an IME in gjiten (v2.5) so I don't think I configured it either. So does GVIM, VIM, xterm, and everything else I've tried except KOrganizer.

I have SCIM configured to use Anthy, but did the whole thing via GUI and (unfortunatly) don't even know what config files it altered. It just works... わかれません、ね。

When SCIM is working right, does the application even know it's there? I would think it would be in between the application an X.

Steve S.