Re: [tlug] [ADMIN] Trim!: Not! and Don't Break Threads!

Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> On 09/08/07, jep200404 <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Josh, Please don't break threads when replying about trimming.
> > It makes it hard to go back and review the original.
>
> Not really, since I left the datestamp in.

That only makes it _possible_ to find the original letter,
but not _easy_.

Searching for a date and time is nowhere as easy as seeing the
previous letter in thread view of an unbroken thread.

Abbreviating/reformatting the datestamp further frustrated
finding the original letter.

> The reason I broke the thread is so that people
> could ignore those threading emails if they wanted.

I don't understand.
Starting a new thread gets _more_ attention.
Are you confusing threads and subjects?