[tlug] Re: [IME] :P Which IME does everyone use?

Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 01:44:00PM +0900, Sam Morrison wrote:
>> On 8/8/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:
>> > Anytime I install it [SCIM]  on a new  computer, it is a trip
back to the Wiki >for whichever distro I am using at the  time to get
instructions to make it >work. /../

Me too. I gave up on it as soon as UIM started to work properly for me
under Debian about 1 year ago IIRC.

>> I like uim. I used to use SCIM, but would occasionally have input
>> issues where it would stop working when I had too many windows >open.

SCIM was an issue for me in Debian OpenOffice until about a year ago.
For some reason, that was the only IME supported AFAIK. I was always
frustrated that it worked perfectly under Solaris 8 on an old SPARC
but refused to work properly under Debian on my linux machine. I had
other problems too though, like not knowing I had to install the  GTK
part of OpenOffice... so it was not all a SCIM problem. Bad user.

Under UIM, I currently have only Anthy (which I use also in Emacs) and
Canna installed. I hardly use canna, but I like the logo.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug