> On 8/8/07, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
> > [RFC] Which [IME] does everyone use
> XXX

# SNIP

> > [Q] Fixing [EMACS] cperl-mode
> > [FYI][HW] giveaway
> XXX
> > [Q] two [SSH] server on one IP
>
> Sorry mate, plain ugly and too complex is still my vote. [...]

I don't agree with your appraisal that this is not trimmed enough. I
left in the ugly complex examples to provide the _exact_ context I
wanted for my comment.

I agree that trimming should be *encouraged* but I also find trimming
can be subjective. That is an author will leave in what they *think*
is needed to provide the appropriate context for their responses.

I /dev/nulled one list member for repeatedly harassing me off list on
this exact point.

Anyway, I'm a fan of list policies and enforcing them when need be.
However,  I do not want to see our list become a draconian State.

Regards, Keith