RE: [tlug] [OT] Linux Breeding out Windows (Was: Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as anISO standard)

It is our duty to make sure they start out with a
real OS, so that when they encounter the false ones
they can know the difference. *Grins*

Seriously though, to me it is not a religion, but given
two operating systems, about the same age, it would make
sense that they would both have similar levels of stability.

This is not the case because Microsoft has always focused
more on staying the market leader than they have on producing
a proper OS.  ^^;

If we introduce our children to Linux at a young age, and
make sure they know there ARE games for it (That IS important),
then when the time comes for them to evaluate Microsoft, and
the way they do things, their oppinions can be made with an
understanding of what the options are.  The world will make
sure they know about Microsoft.  They MIGHT make sure they
know about Macs.  It is up to us to make sure they know that
Unix and Linux are not just for geeks. :P

Again, I am not a zelout.  I know there are things that
I will need to worry about other than what OS my children
choose to use.  :P  However, I also know how integral a
part of modern life computers are.  Even people who never
touch a keyboard are effected by computers.  Hell, the iPod
is a more advanced and powerful computer than the ones that
programmers were running punchcards through thirty years ago.
^^;

Soooo...  While a person's OS choice is not going to be the
end of the world, it is still more important than it was
twenty years ago.

:P  And if breeding quickly is what is required to win the OS
war, I doubt too many will argue. Hehehehe...