Re: [tlug] Re: Suggestions for splitting of mails?

On 8/7/07, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Josh Glover wrote:
> > On 07/08/07, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On topic: I think the ideas for relevant subject modifiers are good
> >> too, given the situation where people don't actually remember what
> >> "subject" means :-)

# SNIP

> Being among the newest and the noobiest list members I would have bailed
> out immediately if I'd seen a complex list of sub-heads, many of which I
> do not yet know the meaning of.  I don't have the time to learn how to
> dance when I just came to practice my singing.  Being a part of the
> leadership of another user group, I have come to appreciate keeping
> things simple for the sake of promoting traffic.  Interest in
> subdividing the subdivisions usually occurs hand-in-glove with
> old-timers asking why they have to answer the same stupid question for
> the 85th time this year ... and then, vacation is over and there are
> more important things to worry about ...
>
> Submitted with all due respect ...

Hear hear.

simply encouraging people to use descriptive subject lines should
suffice. After all I know I wont be posting much if I have to do a
table lookup in order to craft a well formed, fully tagged subject
line. What a PITA.

Regards, Keith