Re: [tlug] using mutt in a bash script: Quoting Wierdness

jep200404 ????????:

Those quotes seem wierd. I would _remove_ the quotes from test.adr, or put them around _just_ the names. I.e.,:

   My friend <fr@example.com>
   My enemy <en@example.com>
   Your friend <yf@example.com>

or

   "My friend" <fr@example.com>
   "My enemy" <en@example.com>
   "Your friend" <yf@example.com>

I don't know if this is related to your problem. Of course, someone else will have a solution which will make your shell script moot.

Jim

"My friend" <fr@example.com>

but it seems that mutt ignore "My friend" and only grap the email address.

So sad but true, with mutt, test.adr should be

fr@example.com
en@example.com
yf@example.com

If you still want to send email with that format, then consider to using another language like PHP:D
http://php.benscom.com/manual/ja/function.mail.php