Re: [tlug] Suggestions for splitting of mails?

On 07/08/07, emiddleton@example.com
<emiddleton@example.com> wrote:

> I think it might be better to flesh out a base tag set first.  These
> tags were my 5 minute summary of the sorts of post we have had.

Please create a wiki like this:

http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Admin:Mailing_List:Subject_Tags

== Overview ==
Draft proposal of Subject tags for mailing list posts.

== Tags ==
=== QUES ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Redundant, and often hard to classify.  If there's a long thread and
somebody collects opinions/ideas/what works/doesn't, then [SUMMARY] is
definitely useful.  [SOLVED] often is misleading, what it often means
is "works for me, now".

=== ANS ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Redundant, and often hard to classify.  If there's a long thread and
somebody collects opinions/ideas/what works/doesn't, then [SUMMARY] is
definitely useful.  [SOLVED] often is misleading, what it often means
is "works for me, now".

=== SUMMARY ===
* Proposed by SJT

=== NOOB ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Who cares?

=== EXPERT ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Who cares?

=== HW ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]

=== DRIVER ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Isn't this really the same as HW in the end?

=== IM ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: "Instant Messaging"?  "FEP" or "HENKAN" is probably less ambiguous.
* [[User:Jmglov]]: IME is better

=== XEMACS ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: "ED"?

=== RUBY ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: "P-CODE".

=== PYTHON ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: "P-CODE".

=== PERL ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: "P-CODE".

=== C&C ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]

=== LEGAL ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]

=== NEWS ===
* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Does anybody here actually do Usenet anymore? ;-)

* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Subsets of LEGAL.

* Proposed by [[User:Edward]]
* SJT: Subsets of LEGAL.