Re: [tlug] Email issues

Curt Sampson writes:

 > I've personally seen it in the 6th Edition, so mid-to-late 70s at the
 > very latest. The syntax is almost certainly ripped off from a similar
 > program on some other OS, though I'm guessing not PIP.

Maybe Tandem's wonderfully named "fup" ("file utility program")?  I
love hearing my sister talk about how she "fupped this" and "fupped
that".

I have a copy of the BSTJ special issue on Unix around somewhere, I'll
see if it's mentioned in there.  Although that's probably 1978, so
later than your recollections.