Re: [tlug] Supporting Linux

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 20:48:02 +0900
"Lyle H Saxon" <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> On 8/4/07, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 17:14:55 +0900
> > >
> > > Okay, I'll try.  I wish you wouldn't say ridiculous things like
> > > Microsoft is free though.....
> >
> > And i wish you'd grow up a little bit....
>
> Let's see... it's okay for Dr. T to dump DUD (Disinformation,

The correct term is FUD, not DUD.

> Uncertainty & Doubt) on the list and say that Microsoft undercharges,
> that OpenOffice takes hours to open, and that Microsoft is free, but

What if he is actually right? Or can you disprove his arguments?

> it's not okay for me to say we should support Linux on a Linux list.
> Go figure!

There is a difference between stating a fact (whether it is
true or not is an other question) and calling people to join
a crusade.

And mind you, if someone would talk about windows/BSD/...
the same way you do about Linux, i would say the same.

				Attila Kinali

--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann