Re: [tlug] Apple owns CUPS

burlingk@example.com wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: tlug-bounces@example.com [mailto:tlug-bounces@example.com Behalf Of
Josh Glover
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 5:52 PM
To: Tokyo Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: [tlug] Apple owns CUPS

Actually, I don't think Jobs even has that option, cf.

http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=cups

Note CUPS is GPL-2. :)

Real simple. If they want to make changes and keep them totaly secret (i.e. internal use only), that is their option. However, if they want to share with anyone, then they have to share with everyone. :)

Unless Apple owns the copyright, in which case they can distribute it under whatever terms they wish. Does anyone know who holds the CUPS copyright or are we all just speculating?

Edward