RE: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

I nominate this for post of the year. This had me laughing out loud,
it's so painfully correct.

cjs

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

burlingk@example.com writes:

> I have seen a number of libraries that just use libtool to link
> into place.  But at my current level of expertise, libtool is a
> mysterious and arcane box.

I don't know anybody who actually understands libtool.  In general,
the whole autotool suite is a pile of crocks.  It kind of has to be,
given the nature of the problem (dealing with system idiosyncracies so
that the core developers don't have to be), but it's exacerbated by
the use of a crock language (m4) in the central tool, autoconf.

That said, note that libtool is a device for spreading brain-damaged
libraries, not for fixing them.