Re: [tlug] Learning to Program

On Saturday 04 August 2007 01:25:46 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> tlug@example.com writes:
>  > One more quick idea related to graphics: 2d graphics may be more simple
>  > to work with than 3d graphics.  Assuming that a modern browser is used,
>  > SVG would be a good option:
>  > http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/
>
> AFAICT there are no modern browsers that are available to
> non-bleeding-edge users.  At least, as of 3 months ago neither Safari
> nor Firefox came close to handling the suite of examples in the W3C
> TR.

I am running Firefox 2.0.0.6 and was able to display every one of the examples
on the page linked above.  The Invaders demo ran too slow, but I was
surprised to find that the Tetris demo actually worked.  Even the XBL demos
worked fine.  My favorite:
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/xbl-shapes2/xbl-shapes2.xml
It will still be a while before SVG is fully supported, but it is not too
early to start playing with. ;)

Cheers,

Travis