Re: [tlug] Expensive Microsoft

On Thursday 02 August 2007 23:30:30 Lyle H Saxon wrote:
> Thank you for your detailed reply!  I'll see where I can go with it.

You are very welcome!

> He's somewhat bilingual, but his first language is Japanese - I'm
> hoping he'll go with computer things in English (he has a Japanese
> language version of Kubuntu now, but he's used English before as
> well), but it might be good to have some Japanese language material to
> get his started?

Learning something new in a secondary language can work well as long as one
topic does not significantly hinder progress in the other.  I have used this
method myself and have found it enjoyable.  Since your son is bilingual,
learning to program with English resources sounds like a good idea to me.
Learning the terms in both languages is another good option. ;)

Cheers,

Travis