Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

Josh Glover wrote:
On 03/08/07, Brett Robson <tlug@example.com> wrote:

I suspect by "beer" you really mean "ale".

Gawd, Aussies sure have lots of words for the juices of the barley. :)

Keith provided a list so astounding that I still have not recovered.

Yes, but ale isn't really an obscure term!

Beer falls roughly into two categories. Ale which is top fermented and lager which is bottom fermented. Ale is dark, think English gentlemen in tweed jackets and touring caps; is served warm, tastes like mud and is associated with depression and people who think too much. Lager which is the golden nectar of Loki, tastes crisp and refreshing and is associated with happiness, laughing, leather clothing, und the having of a gute time.

Ale probably has the better music.

In general I find that people who are critical of beer and are prescriptive about what "real beer" should be, just don't like lager. Yebisu is good beer, especially the hilariously named seasonal version THE HOP, and if you don't like it you don't like lager.

and I'm thirsty.

Brett