[tlug] Re: What would happen to the Internet if the US fell off the map

"Pietro Zuco" <drzuco@example.com> wrote:

>On 8/2/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I think the answer is: nothing.
>
>What about internic and .org, .com, .net domains administration?
>
>The Internet design resist, TCP/IP wins but, all the administrative
>and bureaucrat stuff that support it will maintain the Internet world
>blind for awhile I think.
>
>Then imagine all that poor Windows users that will not get the MSN
>main page anymore when they start IE! It's tragic!! :)

Hah! work network full of hiccups today, intranet logins sporadically
not working, and the Windows people had to reboot their machines
because they could not figure out how to get IE to behave in that
environment. No idea. Those that had IE7 have gone back to IE6
(Japanese users, we all heard about how alpha the local version was).
So I think there should be a new name for IE: IED.

>Anyway, yes, we can't ping google anymore... what will the people ping
>instead? ;-)
Archie servers still around?
--
Gernot Hassenpflug