Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

On 8/1/2007, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

>Yeah, and a real shame for people like me who missed it by such a slim
>margin that we can almost feel the nostalgia ourselves.

That's how I feel when I read about the really, really early days of
TLUG, when it was just Craig Oda and a few other people. In fact, being
in on the golden age of TLUG was not just a pleasure, it was an honor.
Even now, I have yet to find a LUG I've enjoyed as much as TLUG.  I'm
going to an SVLUG meeting tomorrow night, will see how it is. None other
than Cricket Liu is giving a presentation on DNS.

>> Does Ayako still lurk on TLUG?
>
>Nah. Last I heard, she was moving to NYC with her boyfriend

Looks like she may be on LinkedIn, unless there's more than one senior
engineer with that name at Citigroup in New York.

>> I'm in touch with Jack Morgan once in a
>> while, he's in Oregon and doing well.
>
>Is he still working for A Certain Company?

Nope, that ended when he left Japan, IIRC.

>Nah, but I heard he is no longer in JP. Some South Pacific island,

Interesting. I'd heard that he'd returned to the US when he left Japan,
but I suppose he could have gone to the South Pacific from there. Google
doesn't seem to have anything later than 2000, which would be
consistent with dropping out of the Internet and going to the South
Pacific. Might be kind of nice, once one adapted to no longer having an
email address and IM. Don't know if I could actually do it or not,
though :)

With all this nostalgia going around, I just *gotta* find some reason for
a trip to Japan :)

Jonathan