Re: [tlug] Re: font/char set question

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:43:45 +0900 (JST), Curt Sampson
<cjs@example.com> wrote:

> Every browser I've seen a) does not tell you in what encoding it's
> submitting a form, and b) submits forms in the encoding of the web
> page from which the form was taken.

Unless the opening <form> tag includes an accept-charset specification:

<form action="whatever.php" method="post" accept-charset="ISO-8859-15">

In this case, any data submitted via this form will be in ISO-8859-15
regardless of the charset of the page it's to be found on.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Doctors can be frustrating. You wait six weeks for an appointment and he
says, "I wish you'd come to me sooner."