Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

Curt Sampson writes:

 > > This is standard economic thinking.  However, Lyle's definition of
 > > "free" and his apparent belief that money paid to Microsoft costs more
 > > than money paid to another vendor are not unique to him, such beliefs
 > > have real economic effects....
 >
 > Well, yes, and it should be (and seems to me easy enough to) include in
 > a standard economic analysis.

No, it blows the whole structure to hell and gone, unfortunately.
What you lose immediately is all of the theorems that say "the market
does a pretty good job, assuming you find the income distribution
acceptable."

It's also not that easy to work with such preferences.