Re: [tlug] petition for opengraphics card

On 30/07/07, Jonathan Byrne <jonathan@example.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that I exactly consider $100/$200 price points to
> necessarily be decently priced, insofar as I can buy cards at those
> price points or less *right now* but I support the idea of the card,
> anyway.

Yeah, but the majors have economies of scale. Any open card would
*have* to start out expensive just to cover costs. Hopefully the price
would come down as the orders flow in.

I signed as willing to pay $100, but not $200.

I don't give two shits about gaming (that is what my PS3^W Wii is for;
fuck you, Sony!), I just want a card that has gobs of RAM and a decent
GPU for my Firefoxing and OpenBoxing. :)

And OK, if it runs SuperTux decently, that is a plus (but not
required, as my MacBook runs that bitch real smooth).

Cheers,
Josh "tha Ghetto-Fabolous" Glover