Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

Keith Bawden wrote:
On 7/29/07, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
I take it that you are doing this because you, like me, want to see more
good content on the tlug site.  The issue really comes down to where we
set the bar for acceptance.  If we set it too low people will be
discouraged from submitting good content because they will feel our site
  diminishes their work, if we set it too high no one will submit.

I think going for copious amounts of topical quantity is a better approach. For a couple of reasons. One is that we can do a review to see if the item is topical, and ignore subjective things like does it meet "a" standard...

A standard doesn't have to be subjective but it does tend to end up being subjective when only one person makes the decision.

This kind of review anyone can do as we all know
what TLUG is basically about. As a pretty casual group do we want to
strive for perfection and demand this of any of our members who get
off their arses and submit some content... that is do we want to spend
the time and effort on setting up and maintaining review boards and
what not?

If we are talking about an editorial article hosted on the main pages as appose to the wiki then I think we do want some minimum standard. The articles will, for the most part, stay in its original form and as such should meet a reasonable standard on submission.

The final reason is because over time the page rank of good content
will be higher than that of bad content. that way we can let the world
(it's netizens and search engines) do the quality reviews for us.

The main pages are our introduction for the club. I think they should represent our best.

Edward