Re: [tlug] [OT] Good IT Resume

Josh Glover writes:

 > It *can* be done by you, in your company, but it *can't* be done in
 > the majority of cases at any company with more than, say, 100
 > engineers that work on the same codebase.

I think you can be more precise than that.  "It *can't* be done when
the code base is large enough to require the team be split into more
or less independent groups, some of whose modules must support more
than one other teams' modules."[1]

That's why even though BSD TCP/IP is the generally preferred
implementation, there is no *reference* implementation.  TCP/IP is a
separate set of standards, written in *prose*, not code.

Footnotes:
[1]  Something seems lacking there, yet, but (1) it points to *why*
it's hard, and (2) suggests that the limit is probably quite a bit
lower than "100 engineers" in most cases, and that the limit will vary
substantially with the problem domain.