Re: [tlug] Re: asking for a bare laptop in Japanese

On 28/07/07, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com> wrote:
> "Marty Pauley" <marty.pauley@example.com> wrote:
>
> 1. I'm curious: why do you want a laptop in Japanese yet you cannot
> understand Japanese?

I'm curious: what made you think I wanted a laptop in Japanese?  I
want a laptop without Microsoft Winodws, or any other operating
system, pre-installed.  So if it has no OS, then it has no inherent
language.

> 2. The Panasonic website has as little hard info as possible and as
> much advertising as it can, no mention of any customizations
> whatsoever either for home users or business users.

Maybe we are looking at different websites.  The Panasonic site I
visited has quite a few options; not as much as Dell, but more than
none.  Also, for the laptop I will buy the only customisation I want
is no OS installed.

> 3. Try chatting to some of the staff at Yodobashi camera, a good many
> have excellent english skills.

I'm a frequent visitor to Yodobashi.  Their staff are usually very
helpful, although I find their English skills quite variable.   All
the (non-Apple) laptops in Yodobashi come with Microsoft Windows
installed.  And currently they don't sell the particular model I want.

--
Marty