Re: [tlug] Post my article on tlug.jp?: Who's view does it represent?

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Josh Glover wrote:

...when he has repeatedly said, "I'm happy with the piece as it
stands".

Sure, but are we putting it up on the TLUG website just to make him happy?

I was under the impression that part of the point of this piece of
writing was to communicate with others. If you get a fair number of
people coming to you and saying it's not doing that very well, that's
pretty darn objective evidence that it's not so well suited to that
purpose.

If the purpose of the paper is solely to please the author, I really
don't see why he would be asking for it to be published.

Would you like it if I "helped" you with your code, ad nauseum, after
you already told me you were happy with it?

If the purpose of my code were to clearly communicate a concept to you, I would be forced to accept your help. After all, you're a much better judge of what you understand than I am.

cjs