Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007, Lyle H Saxon wrote:

Your example of having your money taken from you without your
permission, thus it is "free" is nonsense!

That the money was "taken from me without my permission" is nonsense. I voluntarially paid that money, and would have paid the same if Windows had not come with the machine.

Given the choice of paying the same price for the same machine with or
without a Windows licence, I would of course have taken the one with.
Why not take it if it's free?

They only way you could argue that Windows was not free to me is if you
could find a plausable way that I could have saved money by not getting
Windows. That way doesn't exist, ergo, for the purposes of my economic
decision, it was free.

cjs