Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On 28/07/07, Keith Bawden <keith@example.com> wrote:

> Can we not publish the paper with a notification that this is the work
> of "A" member of TLUG and does not necessarily reflect a single belief
> of any other member/s?

Precisely. See #9 here:

http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Articles:Policies:Process

> My preference is to encourage people. After a review to ensure the
> content is related in some way with the theme of our LUG then we throw
> it online and post the above mentioned notification. Note: it only has
> to be topical to our group, and not necessarily towing our "corporate
> line".

+1

> I would even support someone posting a pro Microsoft article against
> open source. I may not agree with the content but I would not mind
> having those opinions posted along side the more common ones likely to
> be found in our group. Of course the notification would be all
> important in this more extreme example.

To paraphrase Voltaire, "I may find your idea completely repulsive,
but I will defend to the death your right to state it."

> The point of grammar, style, brevity, and so on is something I will
> happily ignore, as will many other readers within the first paragraph
> or two. In the end, and as others have pointed out, if the author
> wants to be read and taken seriously they will attempt to write
> accordingly... this is the authors choice not ours.

+1

> So to sum up here is what I propose:
>
> Anything can be published by a member to the site with the following conditions:
>
> 1. Standard notice/disclaimer is included denouncing group ownership
> of the content.
> 2. Content is reviewed to ensure it is topical and contains nothing
> illegal/hateful...

I think I codified this attitude perfectly:

http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/Articles:Policies:Process

Yes?

--
Cheers,