Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 10:34:54AM +0900, Josh wrote:
> On 27/07/07, burlingk@example.com <burlingk@example.com> wrote:
>
> > I plan to have windows on my next system as well,
> > simply because I need to know how to propperly use
> > their latest monstrosities if I plan to stay employable. ^^;;
>
> I don't know shite about how to use Windows or Windows applications,
> and yet I've never had any trouble finding a job.
>
> You pick the jobs, mate, the jobs don't pick you.*

One has to reach your level to be able to say that though.
For someone with less skills, sometimes, no matter what, some MS desktop
support is inevitable.

If one took the wrong path when first getting into IT--for example, as I
was aging, I was in a hurry, so I took the MCSE route--unfortunately, to
stay in IT, lacking your skills, I have to have some MS ones to get in a
position to get the Unix ones.

As I've often said to you, I don't think you realize your own somewhat
exceptional skills.

So be gentle with we mortals.  :)

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

 Colonel: Every inch of this installation is under constant, 24-hour
surveillance.
 Willow: Including the secret lab?
 Colonel: Everything! (pause) What secret lab?