Re: [tlug] Re: Post my article on tlug.jp?

On 7/26/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> To my mind, a large problem with this article is it's founded on a
> faulty assumption that makes Windows out to be much more expensive than
> it really is.
>
> A lot of people get Windows when they buy a new computer. For the OEMs
> including it, Windows is a $50-$75 item, not a $200 item.

Epson-Direct itemizes this cost and it was Y10,000 for a new laptop I
bought a year-and-a-half ago.

Factor in the costs of lost productivity through fighting badly
designed automation and trying to maintain their badly designed and
buggy products and the cost if far more expensive than even the very
heavily bloated sticker price on boxed Windoz defective junk in
stores.  What cost time?  Each of us only has so many heartbeats and
Microsoft wastes them!

Lyle