Re: [tlug] [Fwd: New Linux Laptop for $150]

Godwin Stewart wrote:

> The general consensus is that this is a scam.
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/25/medison-celebrity-150-of-linux-laptop-for-the-people/2#comments

Maybe... It is generating enough excitement that it won't
take too long to find out.  A couple of months ago I bought
an Acer laptop -- 15.4 inch screen, built in double density
cd/dbvd burner 120Gb disk, 1Gb ram, AMD 64, wireless for
$499 at the local circuit city.  It was normally around $1000.

It had vista on it and I couldn't get Ubuntu to boot and it
wouldn't run audacity or cygwin so I took it back.  We'll see.

Personally I wouldn't say it's impossible.